Murphy Surveys is the largest land and engineering surveying company in the British Isles. From our humble beginnings in Ireland and with a history spanning 4 decades, we are now an international multidisciplinary survey consultancy employing over 240 people. Our services cover all aspects of surveying, including Topographic Survey and Engineering, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Utility Mapping, Property Services, Monitoring Solutions, Measured Building Surveys, and many more.
Our staff are at the heart of our success and we are committed to recruiting the best people, and investing in their continuous development and ongoing training. We are growing strongly in the UK and are always looking for experienced and skilled staff to join us on this journey and help share in our success story.
Why Murphy Surveys?
Murphy Surveys have been in business for the over 35 years and are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative, technically proficient surveying companies today.
Cutting Edge Technologies
To continue to meet the highest possible standards we use only the very latest technological equipment. We recognise that our ongoing investments in this area are key to our success and growth and to the satisfaction of our clients. This investment also enables us to provide a vast range of services without compromise. We also place great emphasis on training our people on an ongoing basis to use the equipment to its full potential.
We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other. Given the nature of the work we do, there is a shared passion for delivering high quality work to our clients. This shared sense of purpose means that our teams work closely together to effectively plan and implement projects ensuring challenges are shared with the team and solutions are agreed and implemented.
Equality & Opportunity
The company is fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in its employment practices. Individuals will be selected, promoted and treated only based on their abilities and merits, according to the requirements of the job.
Learning & Growth
We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions. We help understand the skills and capabilities that contribute to success in today’s environment and provide a of ways to develop our staff in their current role and for their future career path.
About the position
Our utility department continues to grow and we are looking for Utility Surveyors to expand this field further.
Candidates must, ideally, be able to prove that they are fully conversant with the most up to date techniques, including electromagnetic detection and Ground Probing Radar. They must also be comfortable with the standard outputs and deliverables in Utility Surveying.
• Relevant Qualifications and/or relevant experience
• Fundamental knowledge of the principles and practices of utility surveying
• Understand scopes of work and project requirements
• Ideally have working knowledge of current CAD programs
• Possess an understanding of common industry practices and standards, i.e PAS128, TSA etc
• Detailed knowledge of modern survey methods and survey devices, Total stations, GPS and data collectors
• Knowledge of GPR, CAT and Genny utility detection equipment and their use
• Ability to perform detailed field and office surveying work
• The use of post processing software and AutoCAD
• To build and maintain client relationships ensuring we deliver to objectives set
• Ability to communicate technical information effectively
• Attention to detail
• Possess organisational and time management skills
• Analytical thinking
• Have excellent communication and presentation skills
• Enjoy learning new software applications
• Possess the ability to work with autonomy or as part of a team
• Be a problem solver with a positive attitude
• Set high standards for themselves and their services
What we offer
• Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
• Flexible working
• Sales and Bid Writing training (if required)
• Commitment to your personal development
• Career progression and opportunities
• Private medical insurance (after 6 months)
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Company Pension
• Regular company social events
Murphy Surveys UK Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.