Murphy Surveys is the largest land and engineering surveying company in the British Isles. From our humble beginnings in Ireland and with a history spanning 4 decades, we are now an international multidisciplinary survey consultancy employing over 240 people. Our services cover all aspects of surveying, including Topographic Survey and Engineering, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Utility Mapping, Property Services, Monitoring Solutions, Measured Building Surveys, and many more.
Our staff are at the heart of our success and we are committed to recruiting the best people, and investing in their continuous development and ongoing training. We are growing strongly in the UK and are always looking for experienced and skilled staff to join us on this journey and help share in our success story.
Why Murphy Surveys?
Murphy Surveys have been in business for the over 35 years and are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative, technically proficient surveying companies today.
Cutting Edge Technologies
To continue to meet the highest possible standards we use only the very latest technological equipment. We recognise that our ongoing investments in this area are key to our success and growth and to the satisfaction of our clients. This investment also enables us to provide a vast range of services without compromise. We also place great emphasis on training our people on an ongoing basis to use the equipment to its full potential.
We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other. Given the nature of the work we do, there is a shared passion for delivering high quality work to our clients. This shared sense of purpose means that our teams work closely together to effectively plan and implement projects ensuring challenges are shared with the team and solutions are agreed and implemented.
Equality & Opportunity
The company is fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in its employment practices. Individuals will be selected, promoted and treated only based on their abilities and merits, according to the requirements of the job.
Learning & Growth
We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions. We help understand the skills and capabilities that contribute to success in today’s environment and provide a of ways to develop our staff in their current role and for their future career path.
About the position
This role will provide management and support for the new Specialist Engineering Services (SES) department. As the senior member of the UK SES department, you will provide support to the business, including project management and business development. In additional, this role will be supported by the head of department along with the current SES team members in Ireland.
The Specialist Engineering Services (SES) department is rapidly growing, and consists of a number of adept surveyors and inspectors. We have introduced innovative and alternative methods to assist difficult and unusual surveys and inspections. We offer clients specially trained teams who can undertake inspections which require underwater, rope access or confined space inspection techniques.
Commercial Strategy and Development
- Undertake business development for the SES Department
- Meet with clients and attend relevant network opportunities
- Developing commercial objectives and strategy, in collaboration with the sales team
- Finance Management (working alongside the Commercial Accountant)
- Complete and submit quotations and tenders
- Developing and maintaining (in conjunction with the Sales Director) a pipeline of commercial development opportunities in line with revenue targets
Engineering & Inspections
- Review and sign off all reports
- Technical enquiries and skills
- Management of Specialist Services
Quality Analysis and Control
- Review submissions
- Create and manage work flows
- Carry out project kick off meetings and general department meetings
Project and Team Management
- Planning and scheduling projects appropriately
- Consideration of client’s expectations and delivery deadlines
- Support team members, giving regular feedback; acknowledge success, give constructive performance feedback supported by facts and support development in a positive way
- 3rd Level Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in inspections
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Task orientated and results focused
- Attention to detail
- Highly driven
- MS Office Skills
- Chartered Engineer and / or Building Surveyor
- Understanding and knowledge of diving, rope access and confined space
- Customer Focus
- Project Management
- Planning and Organising
- Time and Priority Management
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
Murphy Surveys UK Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.