A survey protects you by bringing potential legal problems to your attention so you can address them before you make your purchase or sale and in doing so reduce your exposure to unnecessary and costly circumstances.
Our experience and our understanding of the systems in place regarding land use and registration, coupled with our use of the latest technologies enable us to provide robust all encompassing solutions.
Murphy Surveys provide clients with:
- Independent, precise and trustworthy measurements
- Risk reduction providing reassurance to our clients
- Over 200 fully qualified surveyors
- Cost effective & professional service
- Vigorous, precise and accurate spatial information
- Innovative, technically proficient & proactive
- Integrated solutions for any requirement
- Spatial data capability
- Health & Safety assured
- Nationwide service – 7 offices in the UK and Ireland
- Adherence to RICS Property Measurement 1st Edition, May 2015 and incorporated into it RICS Code of Measurement Practice 6th edition
- Over 30 years’ experience in surveying and mapping
IPMS – Mandatory Reporting Standard from 1st January 2016
In a bid to create greater consistency and confidence in the global property market, the IPMS (International Property Measurement Standards) Coalition was formed in 2013 and in 2014 IPMS for Office Buildings was published. Following the release of IPMS: Offices, the RICS have redrafted the Code of Measuring Practice (CoMP-6) and have re-published this as the Professional Statement for Property Measurement. This document is mandatory for all RICS members from 1 January 2016.
Why is IPMS important to you?
IPMS is required for robust financial reporting as it will provide a transparent and consistent methodology for property measurement worldwide. By embracing IPMS you will be able to engage, attract and advise international clients in a manner that is understood globally.
Current area measurements may vary by up to 24%.**
There are over 70 professional and not-for-profit organisations that presently endorse IPMS globally. IPMS provides transparency, consistency and clarity by having one standard for all.
It is recommended*** that high value commercial property is measured to a final valuation accuracy of +/- 0.5%. To achieve this, area measurement surveys should be in line with the RICS guidance note for measured surveys of land, buildings and utilities (3rd edition, November 2014) and its accuracy band “E”.
* IPMS will be mandatory for all office area measurement surveys, unless it can be demonstrated, in writing, that the client requested otherwise or that local laws specify something else.
** Jones Lang LaSalle
*** RICS Property Measurement, 1st Ed. May 2015
What will Murphy Surveys do for you?
Murphy Surveys will case manage all of your area measurement requirements. Our surveys give you the most up to date area measurement results, which are specific to your property. We will reduce your risk by delivering independent, precise and accurate area measurements using the most innovative survey technology in the industry.
Murphy Surveys are listed as an IPMS partner and our staff have undergone specific IPMS training.
Our offices serve clients worldwide and for your reassurance, we have one of the highest levels of PI insurance in our industry (£10m).