Murphy Surveys is the largest land and engineering surveying company in the British Isles. From our humble beginnings in Ireland and with a history spanning 4 decades, we are now an international multidisciplinary survey consultancy employing over 240 people. Our services cover all aspects of surveying, including Topographic Survey and Engineering, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Utility Mapping, Property Services, Monitoring Solutions, Measured Building Surveys, and many more.
Our staff are at the heart of our success and we are committed to recruiting the best people, and investing in their continuous development and ongoing training. We are growing strongly in the UK and are always looking for experienced and skilled staff to join us on this journey and help share in our success story.
Principal Objective of Position:
We are currently recruiting for a dedicated project manager for our Digital Construction department. The project manager will have full responsibility for the successful execution and delivery of a project to the client. The role will liaise with the client, departmental managers and other project managers. He or she will report directly to the General Manager.
The key accountabilities and associated duties include:
- Manage all aspects of the project across the whole project cycle
- Develop an efficient programme of work and strategy for the project
- Manage project staff and establish a team culture within his/her assigned project
- Liaise with clients to ensure effective client-centred communication
- Attend client/site meetings
- Coordinate with other project managers, managers and sub-contractors
- Communicate effectively with other departments in completing projects
- Manage the project contract and subcontracts including invoicing and cashflow
- Assist sales with timings, technical support and client meetings
- Implement company policies and procedures and ensure compliance from site teams
- Completion of project RAMS
- Proven Commercial awareness and potential business development within the project
- Strong leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- Identify and act upon areas of potential H + S non-conformities
- Promote a safety culture ensure any learnings from near misses or accidents are implemented
- Training and development of staff
- 5 years post graduate experience working within a surveying related role
- Strong experience covering all aspects of surveys (specifically multi-storey construction sites))
- Strong experience in managing projects including staff and commercial aspects
- Ability to work closely with clients and advise about best approaches
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Strong safety ethic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
- Work permit for the UK
- This role is London based
- Planning and organising
- Managing staff
- Strategic perspective
- Analysis and judgement
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Adaptability and resilience
- Energy and initiative
Private healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work and other benefits
On going career development and training
Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, innovative and staff centred company
Why Murphy Surveys:
Murphy Surveys have been in business for the over 35 years and are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative, technically proficient surveying companies today.
Cutting Edge Technologies
To continue to meet the highest possible standards we use only the very latest technological equipment. We recognise that our ongoing investments in this area are key to our success and growth and to the satisfaction of our clients. This investment also enables us to provide a vast range of services without compromise. We also place great emphasis on training our people on an ongoing basis to use the equipment to its full potential.
We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other. Given the nature of the work we do, there is a shared passion for delivering high quality work to our clients. This shared sense of purpose means that our teams work closely together to effectively plan and implement projects ensuring challenges are shared with the team and solutions are agreed and implemented.
Equality & Opportunity
The company is fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in its employment practices. Individuals will be selected, promoted and treated only based on their abilities and merits, according to the requirements of the job.
Learning & Growth
We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions. We help understand the skills and capabilities that contribute to success in today’s environment and provide a of ways to develop our staff in their current role and for their future career path.