Future of Rail Surveying Seminar at Infrarail May 2018
Murphy Surveys, Head of Infrastructure Trevor Moore will be taking to the stage at Infrarail, where he will present on the future of rail surveying and the changing role of data for design, planning and construction.
Measurement technology is moving at an incredible pace and new methods and tools for data collection, presentation and management of 3D information, enables data to be to captured faster, and more accurately than ever before. In this seminar we will look at how rail surveying is changing, what the future holds for the data capture process and how clients can take advantage of the rapid pace of change.
Topics covered by Trevor will include:
- Development and improvement of new and existing workflows for faster, accurate, cost effective and safer data capture
- Implementation of Quality Assurance Procedures and Digital Construction Workflows to minimise reworks, reduce delays and mitigate risk
- Developments in collaborative working environments to retrieve up-to-date data, quickly and easily, for more effective real-time decision making
- Increased use of BIM (Building Information Modelling), digital workflows and the use of 3D data to assist in the design, planning and visualisation of projects
- The changing role of the surveyor as data managers and a key link between stakeholders such as designers, engineers and quantity surveyors
The seminar will take place at The Rail Engineer Theatre at Infrarail on Wednesday 2 May at 11.10am.
Murphy Surveys will be exhibiting at Infrarail from 1-3 May on stand A34, where the team will be on-hand to discuss your rail related survey requirements, from p-way and gauging to monitoring, laser scanning, GPR and much more. To book a meeting at the show contact us on 0203 598 3775 or via email email@example.com.
Don’t forget show registration is free until 30 April. Visit the show website for more information.