About Murphy Surveys
Murphy Surveys is the largest geospatial engineering consultancy in the UK and Ireland. We are a fresh, ambitious and innovative company, continuously striving to be the best and remain ahead of the field in everything we do. Building on a strong reputation of almost 40 years, we are looking to shape a new future as we enter our next phase of expansion. Over the next few years, we believe our industry is undergoing a major change with new technologies coming to the fore such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine learning (ML), Virtual Reality (VR)/ Augmented Reality (AR) and Big Data.
- Infrastructure, Rail, Tunnelling, Public Infrastructure
- Property, Heritage, Architecture, MEP, Retail
Geodetic and Geotechnical Monitoring Solutions, Rail Surveys, Building Information Modelling (BIM), Digital Construction, 3D Laser Scanning, Subsurface Mapping and UAV/Drone Surveys.
Our HR Philosophy
As a pure service organisation, our people are a critical part of our success and represent the value of Murphy Surveys through their actions and decisions every day. We believe focusing on recruiting the best people and investing in their development helps us to create an environment where staff are engaged and committed leading to higher levels of staff and client satisfaction.
We are looking to build and maintain a team who are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment presenting opportunities to take on challenging work and deliver quality outcomes to our clients by working with others to achieve success. We strive to be a learning organisation with frequent internal and external training for a variety of topics accessible for all staff.
We’re currently looking for a pro-active and well organised Credit Control Assistant to support the expansion of our Accounts Department in the UK. This is an important role for the team to maintain momentum on expediting the production, accuracy and payment of sales invoices and ensuring project records are maintained, up to date and reconciled to payments.
The position will take a hands on approach, working closely with our Project and Account Managers to clarify and verify any client queried invoice or payment application irregularities. Responsibilities will also include; management of the aged debt book and pursuit of aged debt through our escalation process and legal recourse when (very rarely) necessary with the support of managers, as well as the generation and issue of monthly statements. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organisation skills with a ‘can do’ pro-active approach.
Our company is expanding and growing rapidly so it is anticipated that additional responsibilities to assist overall financial administration will evolve into the role.
- Invoicing and AR management
- Credit control
- UK Invoicing and Vat
- Manage relationships with internal teams and external clients
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; phone and email manner, ability to liaise professionally with our customers
- Experience in a similar construction services or related field is advantageous
- Excellent IT skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- An inquisitive mind with the ability to find solutions and alternative methods rather than just follow instructions
- Time and priority management
- Personal accountability
- Planning and organising
- Customer focus
- Decision making
- Salary: £30-£35K
- Flexible working
- Commitment to personal development
- Career progression and opportunities
- Private medical insurance (after probation)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company Pension
- Regular company social events
Murphy Surveys UK Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.