Murphy Surveys is the largest land and engineering surveying company in the British Isles. From our humble beginnings in Ireland and with a history spanning 4 decades, we are now an international multidisciplinary survey consultancy employing over 240 people. Our services cover all aspects of surveying, including Topographic Survey and Engineering, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Utility Mapping, Property Services, Monitoring Solutions, Measured Building Surveys, and many more.
Our staff are at the heart of our success and we are committed to recruiting the best people, and investing in their continuous development and ongoing training. We are growing strongly in the UK and are always looking for experienced and skilled staff to join us on this journey and help share in our success story.
Why Murphy Surveys?
Murphy Surveys have been in business for the over 35 years and are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative, technically proficient surveying companies today.
Cutting Edge Technologies
To continue to meet the highest possible standards we use only the very latest technological equipment. We recognise that our ongoing investments in this area are key to our success and growth and to the satisfaction of our clients. This investment also enables us to provide a vast range of services without compromise. We also place great emphasis on training our people on an ongoing basis to use the equipment to its full potential.
We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other. Given the nature of the work we do, there is a shared passion for delivering high quality work to our clients. This shared sense of purpose means that our teams work closely together to effectively plan and implement projects ensuring challenges are shared with the team and solutions are agreed and implemented.
Equality & Opportunity
The company is fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in its employment practices. Individuals will be selected, promoted and treated only based on their abilities and merits, according to the requirements of the job.
Learning & Growth
We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions. We help understand the skills and capabilities that contribute to success in today’s environment and provide a of ways to develop our staff in their current role and for their future career path.
About the position
We are looking for experienced Cad operators to join our office processing team.
– At least 3 years working with AutoCAD in the surveying industry
– Experience in processing from point clouds
– Ability to work closely with clients to advise about the best approaches and anticipate their requirements
– Very high standard in the quality of work (their own and QA of others)
– Ability to work effectively under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
Optional but advantageous:
– Site survey experience
– Survey software experience ie Starnet
– Experience in creating drawings for utility surveys
– Working with Revit
– Programming ie creating Lisp routines for Cad
– Salary between £25,000-£35,000 depending on experience and capabilities
– Private healthcare, childcare vouchers and other benefits
– On-going career development and training
– Opportunity to be part of a fast growing company and setting the strategy for the future
Murphy Surveys UK Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.